The Lonsdale Bible Society was formed in 1957 by local Christians from various denominations with the intention of promoting the Christian message by the selling of Bibles and Christian literature through a local shop.
The Bible Shop was first opened in 1958 in premises in Daltongate, supported by the giving of Christians and manned by volunteers. In 2010 the shop moved to Market Street, putting a Christian witness right on the main shopping street in our town. After a customer survey it was decided to change the shop name and Cornerstone Books & Gifts was chosen.
We have seen God’s faithfulness throughout the time we've been open and look forward to see what He has in store for us in the future.